Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The nuts and bolts of College writing

Today we are reading stuff about essay's on http://nutsandbolts.washcoll.edu/nb-home.html
I think this is a good page to check out if you are in trouble with your essay. Im reading the "Rules", when im doing an essay i have beginning-middle-end but i dont have my essay in one chaos! at least i try. On this site " http://nutsandbolts.washcoll.edu/nb-home.html im reading a list, it's very common by students to say " i've got nothing to say" I like writing essay's, I could write an essay about my hobby in no time! i could probably write an essay about baby diapers! i always find something to write, if i know what the thing is that im writing about, if not i use google.com to explane the word for me. I have a good imagination, sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's a bad thing. I could make a crap essay about something that dont make sense and about something that makes sense..


I found another site. http://www.apurnell.com/cs1readings/ElementsAndStructure.htm and there is a five basic elements to write an essay in formal way:
1. A strong thesis statement with logical supporting points.

2. Body paragraphs that discuss the supporting points in the order they are mentioned in the thesis statement.
3. Good transitions between paragraphs.
4. A conclusion which summarizes what has been said in the body of the paper.
5. Appropriate diction and tone.

i dont do my essay like this, just beginning - middle - end that sounds more easyer!

1 comment: